What it's Like Working at Urban AdvenTours
It is a good time.
Click Below to See How Our Urban Family Grows and Thrives
Urban AdvenTours is Boston’s first bicycle tour company and we take pride in offering the highest level of customer service from our tours to our bike shop. We are a growing company that is always looking for people to take initiative and grows with us. If you are highly self-motivated, can take direction with initiative, and love sharing your love of cycling with others, then we have a job for you.
We are always accepting applications from individuals who have great ideas and the will to help Boston become a better city to cycle in. In general, applicants with experience biking Boston and customer service in a fast-paced work environment are encouraged to apply. While not strictly required, applicants should be familiar with the geography and layout of the greater Boston area, tourist attractions, and the basic history of the city. Those with foreign language skills are strongly encouraged to apply due to the nature of our customer base!
We have full-time salaried or hourly positions, part-time, and seasonal opportunities available. All are encouraged to apply. Whether you are a professional mechanic, recent college graduate, or semi-retired, we are always looking to add to our diverse staff. Entry level and experienced positions available.
Now hiring for the following positions
Bicycle Tour Guide
Tour and Rental Manager
Customer Service & Cycling Concierge
Event & Fleet Mechanic
Sales and Retail Associate
Don’t fit one of these positions above? We have many other opportunities, so don’t hesitate to apply!
If you’re interested, please apply here.
All applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Punctual and reliable
- Have a desire to work and learn
- Work with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and professional manners
Incentives & Perks
Urban AdvenTours has been helping to improve cycling in Boston for over a decade. Every employee is a crucial part of the business, and every employee has the opportunity to make a positive impact on Boston’s cycling culture. Whether you want to work a few hours on the side, or can dive right into full-time, everyone is important here at UA. In addition, employees have a variety of other perks and incentives as part of the company:
- Access to our extensive fleet of bikes
- Flexible or set shifts available
- Shop rides, both athletic and casual
- Camaraderie and cooperation in a fun and challenging workplace
- Work alongside some really fun and interesting “bike people”
- Learning about the history of Boston
- Industry events with manufacturers and distributors
- Winter lodging and activities at Camp Wapanacki
- Pro-deals and monthly staff wholesale orders
- 20%-30% off in-stock shop items
J1 Visa Program
Urban AdvenTours routinely sponsors J1 Work Visas every season. For full details, click here.
- J1 Rental Attendants will facilitate tours and rentals sales, help fit customers to bikes for tours and rentals, and educate tourists on local sites and where to ride. This position entails being a quality bike ambassador for the city of Boston and Urban AdvenTours. Rental attendants will also learn the ins and outs of a bike shop that also provides tours to customers from all around the globe.
- J1 Sales Helpers will work in the Urban Cycles Bike Shop. Employees will sell bicycles, merchandise, and bicycles components/accessories. This is a great position to learn more about bicycles and the bicycle industry. Some experience with bike repair is preferred.