We are known for being very thorough with our mechanical services at Urban Cycles. We take pride in helping people get back on their bike in a safe manner with quick turn-around times.
For this position, we are looking for someone who is highly-skilled and trained in bicycle mechanics. They must also be able to provide a well written and verbal estimate/quote to the customer. This person should be able to keep track of our parts/accessory inventory, as it is important to know what is needed for restocking and building our work orders.
The Service Manager is responsible for direct contact with the customer and making sure the bike comes into the shop in an appropriate manner, and then leaves the shop, living up to our quality standard. Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Building out quotes/estimates/work orders for customers
- Making sure that work order notes are done correctly
- Calling and corresponding with customers
- Making sure that all line items are correct in work orders
- Keeping track of parts inventory and restocking/re-ordering when necessary
- Delegating work orders to the mechanics
- Keeping track of pricing and making sure that the amount of work done on the bicycle is appropriately priced
- Staffing mechanical events
The applicant is encouraged to complete Shimano Technical Education, Bosch E-bike certification, and SRAM training. The Service Manager must be direct and know how to communicate well with others. Applicants must be knowledgeable about bicycles in general, both as riders, and mechanically. It is ideal if the applicant has had previous bike shop experience as a mechanic and/or has been a customer service manager.