This relaxed, all-ages tour along the Charles River shows off gorgeous views of the city, with 75% bike path riding and 25% city riding, great for beginners. Tour de Boston is our Family-Friendly tour!
- Child Ages 1-12
- Adult City Bike Ages 13+
- Adult Electric Bike Must be 16 years or older to ride an e-bike
- Private Tour Starting Price
City View Tour: The Best of Boston by Bike
This tour takes you through six different neighborhoods as we cycle past countless historical and cultural sites throughout the city.
All of our Boston tours include an individually-fitted bicycle, helmet, and of course, a friendly and knowledgeable guide who leads you on your travels. Water bottles are available for purchase.
From the bustling streets of downtown to the serene bike paths on the Charles River, this tour truly brings you the Best of Boston by Bicycle!
Want an extra boost? Upgrade to an E-bike for just $40. Please note you must be at least 16 to ride an electric bike.
Highlights of this Boston Bike Tour:
- The North End – Boston’s Italian and oldest residential neighborhood, with views of Charlestown
- The Charles River Esplanade, with views of Cambridge and MIT
- Boston University Campus and Kenmore Square
- Historic Fenway Park
- The Christian Science Center
- Copley Square, home of the John Hancock Building and the finish line of the Boston Marathon
- The beautiful brownstones in Back Bay and the South End
- Boston Common
- The Rose Kennedy Greenway – Boston’s newest public park
- The Long Wharf, with views of South and East Boston
This tour is not recommended for those who are uncomfortable cycling on city streets. We welcome families with children who are comfortable cyclists and at least 10 years old. Younger riders and those less comfortable on two wheels are encouraged to take our Tour de Boston. We do not allow tandem bikes, burley trailers, or trail-a-bikes on this tour. The tour is roughly 25% on bike paths and 75% city riding.
Our tours depart ON TIME. You must arrive to our shop 30 minutes prior to tour start time to check in and be fitted for your bike. Late arrivals will not be caught up or refunded.
Please call us at 617-670-0637 for more information.
No. This tour rides about 75% on city streets. Cyclists should be comfortable riding on streets with light traffic. Guests looking for an easier tour with very little street riding should consider the Tour de Boston.
Yes! Please refer to our Private Tours page for more details. Minimum orders and additional fees will apply.
Not exactly. The tour does cover some Freedom Trail items, such as the North End, the USS Constitution, Bunker Hill, and the Boston Common, but the tour does not follow the Freedom Trail in its entirety as the trail is completely on sidewalks.