Tour de Boston
$55 | 2PM | 2-2.5 Hours | Our Family-Friendly Tour!
This relaxed, all-ages tour along the Charles River shows off gorgeous views of the city.
Family-Friendly Boston Bike Tour
This relaxing tour includes:
- Gorgeous views of Boston and Cambridge
- The famous Esplanade and Hatch shell
- The Zakim Bridge
- Old Ironsides – the USS Constitution
The Tour de Boston is our family-friendly bike tour for families with young children or those who are not as comfortable on a bicycle.
This route is almost entirely on bike paths along the Charles River. Unlike the City View tour, the Tour de Boston does not include stops at many historic and cultural sites since it does not include travel into Downtown Boston and other neighborhoods in the city.
All of our Boston bike tours include an individually-fitted bike, helmet, water, and, of course, a friendly and knowledgeable guide who leads you on your travels. From the serene bike paths on the Charles River to the historic Charlestown Navy Yard, this family-friendly tour is guaranteed to be a ‘wheely’ good time!
Want an extra boost? E-bike upgrades are available for this tour! You’ll have the option to upgrade during the booking process for just $35. Please note you must be at least 16 to ride an electric bike.
- 2 p.m.
- 2 – 2.5 hours long
- Under 10 miles
- While our guides provide water, you might consider bringing a sports drink or snack. In the summer months, sunscreen and sunglasses are highly recommended. Any luggage, large bags, or bulky jackets can be left at the shop during the tour.
- Families on this tour have the ability to take a trail-a-bike or a child seat on tour. Burley Trailers and tandem bikes are not permitted on this tour. The tour is roughly 75% on bike paths and 25% city-riding.
Please call us at 617-670-0637 for additional information.
Yes! This is our family-friendly option among our Boston bike tours and rides about 75% on bike paths. However, guests should be comfortable riding in a bike lane alongside light traffic.
Yes! Please refer to our Private Tours page for more details. Minimum orders and additional fees will apply.
No. The tour rides by Harvard’s campus on a bicycle path, but the tour does not enter Harvard Square due to the heavy traffic there.