Urban AdvenTours is Boston’s first and finest bicycle tour company and we take pride in offering the highest level of customer service from our tours to our bike shop. We are a growing company that is always looking for people to take initiative and grow with us. If you are highly self motivated, can take direction with initiative, and love sharing your love of Boston with others we have a job for you.
We are always accepting applications from individuals who have great ideas and the will to help Boston become a better city to cycle in.
Please review the job descriptions below and email a description of why you love riding bikes and why you would be a good fit at UA here.
If you love bikes and love riding in Boston, then this is the perfect job for you! No tour guide experience required. We hire cyclists who are outgoing, friendly, hardworking and knowledgeable about safe riding in an urban environment. Guides will be responsible for groups of 2-25 and must be able to safely lead and entertain our guests throughout the busy streets of Boston.
We prefer a weekly shift commitment throughout the season (mid-March through September/October) but will try to accommodate schedules for anyone that fits the above description. Must have urban cycling and customer service experience, a love of history and additional language skills are a plus.
Applicants should be very familiar with the Boston area, different attractions and navigating the city.
Pay begins at $8/hour plus tips.
If you would enjoy showing people our beautiful city from the seat of a bike please send your resume, a short cover letter, availability and preferred hours per week to jobs [at] urbanadventours.com
We are looking for some dedicated mechanics to ensure a professional level of service on every customer’s bike. Attention to detail is paramount to success.
- Professional level bike service.
- Bike shop floor sales.
- Receiving tune-ups fully and properly.
- Maintenance of tour/rental bike fleet.
- Assisting with ordering and inventory management.
- At least 1 year shop experience as a mechanic.
- Ability to work on any bike, any time.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Floor sales experience is a plus.
Sales/Customer Service Associate/Boston Bike Concierge
If you are ready to interact with people from across the globe, get locals and visitors out on bikes and maintain a high level of customer service, Urban AdvenTours wants you!
We are looking for multiple individuals ready to take ownership of both our front tours/rentals desk and bike shop and serve as the first line of contact for our customers.
- Interact in person and on the phone with a variety of guests, continuously ensuring a high level of professionalism.
- Maintain the appearance and organization of the space inside and out including restocking, cleaning and organizing.
- Ring up sales on POS system, in charge of a cash drawer.
Tours/Rental Specific Responsibilities:
- Manage the comings and goings of our tour and rental customers through sales, online reservations and paper waivers.
- Provide Boston recommendations for guests and assist with directions.
- Fit customers on bikes.
Bike Shop Specific Responsibilities:
- Assist customers with bikes, accessories and apparel sales and information.
- Write up work orders for repair bikes.
- Basic mechanics a must including flat fixes.
Additional language skills a plus, applicants with experience cycling in Boston, customer service and fast-paced work environments encouraged to apply. Applicants should be very familiar with the Boston area, different attractions and navigating the city.
A variety of PT and FT positions available. Regular scheduling will begin in March. Please send resume, a short cover letter, availability and preferred hours/week to jobs [at] urbanadventours.com
Our small management team is the key to Urban AdvenTours and we are always looking for the right candidates to help direct the business and lead staff. Experience supervising a team, multitasking, a familiarity with bikes and willingness to jump into any and all tasks is a must. Other skills or experiences we are looking for include:
- Event Planning
- Inventory Management and Sales experience
- Bike Service and Mechanics
- Youth Programs
- Business Development
Managers typically work 40-50 hours/week depending on the season. Weekends, early mornings, late nights and a valid drivers license may be required at times. Salary ranges from 30-40k/year depending on experience.
If you think that Urban AdvenTours could be the right place for you please send a resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications and ideas you have for gaps you could help fill.