Salmon Stink! Go with the Flow!
“Salmoning” — or going the wrong way down a one-way street — is never what you want to do!
We always recommend following the rules of the road, and beyond that, we’ve compiled some tips so that you can be the best “courteous cyclist” you can be:
- Remember, safety first: wear a helmet, use lights at night, and always be aware of your surroundings.
- Follow the rules of the road. Obey all traffic lights, signs, and please, don’t be a salmon! Always ride with the direction of traffic.
- Signal turns by pointing in the direction you want to go.
- In general, bicycles are not allowed on the sidewalks in the city. Stick to bike lanes, paths, and the road.
- Be sure to yield to pedestrians!
- Ring your bell when you’re about to pass a person, car, or other cyclist.