Emerald Necklace Tour
$75 | 10AM | 3.5-4 Hours | Our Fall-Foliage Tour!
Check out the natural beauty of the Emerald Necklace park system all year round!
Highlights of this bike tour in Boston include:
- The Boston Common and Public Garden
- The famous Charles River Esplanade
- The Museum of Fine Arts and the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
- The Rose Kennedy Greenway – Boston’s newest public park
- The Arnold Arboretum
- Jamaica Pond and Jamaica Plain
- The Southwest Corridor Park
- And many more exciting sights!
Interested in an extra boost? E-bike upgrades are available for this tour! You’ll have the option to upgrade during the booking process for just $35. Please note you must be at least 18 to ride an electric bike.
Want to see an American masterpiece in landscaping?
The Emerald Necklace tour is an amazing way to see Boston’s most famous green spaces in a ‘green’ way.
Discover Frederick Law Olmsted’s famous system of parks on this bicycle tour of the historic Emerald Necklace. From the shaded boulevard on Commonwealth Avenue to the popular shores of Jamaica Pond to the winding paths of the Arnold Arboretum, come enjoy a route that’s a favorite among locals and the best way to see the green side of Boston. The Parks are gorgeous any time of the year, but the foliage peaks in color between mid-October and early November.
This tour visits the Emerald Necklace, a series of parks designed by Fredrick Law Olmsted, that snake through different neighborhoods of Boston.
All of our tours include an individually-fitted bicycle, helmet, water, and, of course, a friendly and knowledgeable guide who leads you on your travels.
• 10 a.m. (after September 15th)
• 3.5-4 hours long
• 15+ miles
- This tour is not recommended for inexperienced or young riders. Participants must be comfortable riding 15+ miles over a time span of up to four hours. We do not allow tandem bikes, Burley trailers, or trail-a-bikes on this tour.
- While our guides provide water, you might consider bringing a sports drink or snack as well as sunglasses and sunscreen. Any luggage, large bags, or bulky jackets can be left at the shop during the tour.
- This Boston cycling tour may be scheduled as a private tour any time of the year. Please call us at 617-670-0637 for more information.
- Is this tour good for beginner riders and young children?
No. This tour covers over 15 miles and has some moderately steep hills. Guests should be comfortable riding on rolling terrain up to 20 miles at a steady, moderate pace. Please call us if you have further questions.
- Do you offer private tours for families or groups?
Yes! Please refer to our Private Tours page for more details. Minimum orders and additional fees will apply.
- Does this tour cover the Freedom Trail or other Downtown sites?
Not exactly. While the tour rides by many of the major tourist attractions in Boston, the focus of this tour is on the park spaces and urban design of the City of Boston.