No no, calm down, we aren’t going down. It is May Day though! Once you get done dancing around your Maypole, you can join us for Bike Month, and the long series of events to come in it.
- Things get started early this Thursday with MassBike’s “Beyond the Spandex” Fashion Show! While it might not be as intense as this fashion show, it’s sure to be an awesome evening, showcasing the latest in functional yet fashionable cycling wear. Don’t have your tickets yet? You cans still get them here!
Event organizer Greg Allen gave us a tip-off, too: use code SBS2012 to get your tickets for 60 dollars instead of 75, and then call MassBike to choose your meal for the included dinner! Don’t delay, though, while ticket sales have been extended through Wednesday, they could still sell out at any time – rumor has it there are less than 20 left!
- Saturday May 5th: Urban AdvenTours Saturday Ride series! Come join us for a moderately paced group ride, going outside the hustle and bustle of the city and onto some open roads. The ride goes from 9am-12pm and meets at Urban AdvenTours’ headquarters at 103/109 Atlantic Avenue.
- Wednesday, May 9th: National Bike to School Day. The National Center for Safe Routes to School, in partnership with the League of American Bicyclists, is pleased to be organizing the first-ever National Bike to School Day on May 9, 2012. Let the bike bells ring–event registration is now open right here!
- Saturday, May 12th, 9am-5pm: Massbike’s National Train Day Ride. in Celebration of National Train Day, come follow the routes of parts of the Old Colony and New England Railroads south of Boston. Meet at 9:00 AM at South Station. Make sure that you leave enough time to buy your ticket and get onto the train to Walpole by 9:15!
For more information contact Dick Bauer.
- Sunday, May 13th: Christina Clarke Genco Mother’s Day Memorial Ride. A fitting kickoff to Bike Week, the CCG Memorial Ride will take place in Newton. For more information, check out their Facebook event or their website!
Lastly, May 14th through the 20th is Bay State Bike Week! Be sure to sign up for the Mass Commuter Challenge, and stay tuned here for a full rundown of all the splendiferous events that will be happening during that fun-filled week.
Keep it wheel,