Urban AdvenTours is a locally owned small business located in Boston’s North End, offering bicycle tours and rentals as well as a full-service sales and repair shop.
We are looking to hire qualified candidates to assist in leading bike tours around Boston in 2017. If you love bikes and love riding in the city, then this is the perfect job for you! We hire cyclists who are outgoing, friendly, hardworking and knowledgeable about safe riding in an urban environment. Guides will be responsible for groups of up to 30 guests with a ratio of 1 guide per 8 guests. Guides must be able to safely lead and entertain our guests throughout the busy streets of Boston.
We prefer a weekly shift commitment throughout the season (mid-March through Sept/Oct.) but will consider different schedules. Must have urban cycling and customer service experience, a love of history is a plus. No tour guide experience required. Part-time or Full-time employment available.
- Present knowledge of culture and current events in Boston
- Present the history of Boston
- Fix flat tires / basic mechanics
- Navigate city via bicycle and practice safe riding
- Give directions and knowledge of local points of interest
- Size customers to bicycles
- Process transactions at register
- Provide excellent customer service
Cyclists with experience cycling in Boston, customer service and fast-paced work environments encouraged to apply. Point of Sale/Retail experience and additional language skills a plus. Familiarity with Boston, knowledge of how to get around and places to see are a must!